Sunday, July 20, 2014

so, performance support systems...

the first thing i thought when reading up on this assignment was "how is this different than curating?" 

After some digging I realized that PSS, or EPSS according to Wikipedia, are collections of resources that can be used to help complete a certain task, moreso than just providing information on a given topic.

My topic of choice is web design. My system will be a collection of resources for the aspiring web designer. Hopefully there will be a lot fewer distractions while I'm in Tampa for the next week or so, and I can get this one done in a timely manner. I'm exploring a lot of tools I have never used before like Yahoo Pipes and TaDaWeb, and I'm hopeful that it will turn out well.
 
How about you? What topic have you chosen?

6 comments:

  1. I am interested in web design too. I am looking forward to seeing your project. I will create an informal learning environment using Google Cultural Institute. Particular topic will be Impressionism in art. I will create a community of practice and community members will use both Google Cultural Institute and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds interesting! Can't wait to see the final product!

      Delete
  2. I still have not idea what I'm going to do it on. After interacting with Dr. D. I dropped my original idea. Now I'm panicking. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideas usually hit me like a lightning bolt. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I'm thinking of creating a group on Diigo on qualitative research method because I'm currently taking a qualitative research method class. Before this assignment, I've tried to search for resources about qualitative research on Twitter and Pinterest and found some. I think the resources that I'll create will be useful for my friends that are going to conduct qualitative research for their thesis and those who are interested in qualitative research. I also believe that the resources will be helpful for me in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds interesting. Can't to see the final product!

      Delete