P.S. If you're waiting for me to grace your VT with my comments (lol), I'll get to it, promise. :)
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Over the hump...
Now that we're more than halfway through, I'm noticing a significant shift in the way I think about the web. I wasn't really sure what Web 2.0 meant before this class, but now I not only know that it's about participating, I am enjoying finding all of these new ways to connect with people. Even though I fit into the category of "digital native", I'd never really embraced the concept of virtual communities. I'm mostly an introvert IRL, but there's something about web communities - you put yourself out there, but with a greater degree of control and less intimidation than, say, if you walked into a club meeting for the first time. I dig it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Y'know, a lot of folks who fit into the digital native category don't necessarily embrace the idea initially ... and as a fellow introvert (no, not shy, but definitely an introvert) I love the control it affords me over my interactions.
ReplyDeleteBetter be true to your word...I was starting to miss my cafe buddy.
ReplyDeleteI met another very bright young woman at work who has admitted to not being very plugged in to technology or social media tools. She's quite embarrassed to admit it. She should check out Dr. D's class - that would definitely cure her.
What I like about this class the best is that I no longer feel that I have to apologize for not knowing anything and everything about technology and its associated tools. Now I at least know something and better yet, get to pick and choose from the smorgasboard out there. Don't like it? Don't have to use it. Find something else.
Grad school is so great, isn't it?
Delete